Mechanical Installations Engineer
CKF Systems Ltd, with its manufacturing facility based in Gloucester, is an established, leading robotic and automation solutions provider with a reputation for successfully delivering systems to Manufacturing Industries throughout the UK and internationally for over 35 years.
Operating in the Food, Pharmaceutical, Distribution and Automotive Sectors, CKF is now, one of the largest UK based system integrators, designing, and manufacturing robotic systems, automated solutions, and conveyor systems.
The role of Mechanical Installation Engineer is to join the CKF team supporting the site installation and commissioning of projects throughout the UK and internationally.
• Mechanical installation of equipment, systems and components on site.
• Fault- finding to identify defects, rectify or recommend appropriate action
• Supporting the Control team with commissioning on site.
• Collaborating with clients, colleagues and other contractors.
• Work in accordance with the clients’ site, project and health and safety rules
• Ability to work away from home as part of the installation team or on occasion autonomously.
• Work cohesively and communicate effectively with the site supervisor and electrical installation team.
Skills & Experience
• Minimum City and Guilds Engineering qualification
• Completion of an apprenticeship in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
• Ability to construct and install system equipment
• Experience in commissioning new equipment.
• Understanding of pneumatic systems
• Ability to read site drawings and set out datums
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team (and autonomously) to achieve end goals
• Valid iPAF card desirable
• Valid forklift licence desirable
• Full Driving Licence.
What we offer
• A competitive, attractive salary.
• Benefits package appropriate to this position
• Working away allowance
• Career development and relevant training within a successful and growing business
• Company pension scheme