Electrical Proposals Engineer
Electrical Proposals Engineer / Electrical Applications Engineer / Electrical Project Costing Engineer
CKF are one of the UK’s leading turnkey integration companies that have been offering automation systems to the Food and Beverage, Logistics, Automotive and Pharmaceutical industries for over 35 years. CKF specialise in robotic and conveyor technology designing, manufacturing and controlling all our systems from our base in Gloucester. Projects range from simple product handling systems using conveyors in the region of £20,000 – £30,000 to multimillion pound central robotic / layer palletising and distribution systems.
Many of our systems include integration of third-party equipment from case erectors and sealers to specialist weighing and flow wrapping systems. CKF can offer the start to finish support for any project from our premises in Gloucester.
CKF has continued a steady and sustainable growth within the automation industry developing our reputation through exceptional work, attention to detail and customer support.
We are now looking to continue the growth with an Electrical Proposals Engineer to develop the front end solutions, costs and proposals from the controls side. They will work within a supportive and very experienced engineering team where the feasibility of the solution is meticulously reviewed through the proposals stage to develop confidence both internally and with the customer during the bid.
An exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join the CKF sales team to help develop world leading automation solutions for some of the world’s leading companies. The role would offer an engineer the chance to design the concept layouts and operation of new projects in the quotation and bid stages working alongside the mechanical proposals team and Sales Engineers.
The role would suit a design engineer or electrical proposals engineer with experience in robotic or product handling automation including conveyors. The candidate should be able to build strong supplier relationships and keep up to date with current and new solutions introduced to the automation market.
The candidate will work closely with the Mechanical Proposals Engineers and Sales Engineers to develop the complete automation solution for customers, from initial concept discussions through to detailed costings. They will have freedom to explore all solutions to create the most effective solution for a customer’s operations, understanding the commercial competitive environment that CKF work within but also ensuring the solutions meet all technical requirements of the customer.
The role will offer a varied project workload as at any one time we could be working on an automotive projects handling car components, confectionery projects handling naked product or logistics systems handling cases or totes. This will offer a candidate an interesting and varied workload with the opportunity to visit sites and carry out surveys with the sales engineering team.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Technical and commercial evaluation of sales enquiries, ensuring that all relevant information is available – supporting the Sales Engineer where required to collate relevant information from the customer
- Preparation of proposals drawings and concept controls system design ready for costing and to generate confidence in the solution with the customer
- Convene technical reviews with the controls and software team to assess proposals and concept solutions prior to formal costings
- Review all electrical design standards supplied by customers to ensure all system proposals and concepts comply with customer requirements
- Support and work closely with Mechanical Proposals Engineers to generate the most effective solution to their requirements
- Generate detailed electrical project costings based on the mechanical proposal concept
- Write control and software proposals documents to clarify exact offering to the customer, referencing all relevant standards and customer design criteria highlighting and deviation from scope and exclusions
- Constantly review new developments from components suppliers to the automation industry and arrange demonstrations between suppliers and CKF engineers to keep CKF at the forefront of automation technology – implementing the solutions on new quotations where suitable
- Help develop standard costings for repeat projects and standard equipment
- Maintain a sound understanding of machinery safety requirements during costings and concept works to ensure all proposed systems are 100% compliant with UKCA and CE requirements
- Provide technical support to Sales Engineers in customer presentations when required
- Office based role not suitable for hybrid or remote working based on the necessity to work with the wider engineering team on a daily basis
Experienced electrical engineer qualified to at least HNC ideally with electrical design experience in the conveyor and robotic automation industry.
Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs,
Prior experience in the use of AutoCAD and E-Plan would be a benefit