Electrician/Electrical Installations Engineer
CKF Systems Ltd, with its manufacturing facility based in Gloucester, is an established, leading robotic and automation solutions provider with a reputation for successfully delivering systems to Manufacturing Industries throughout the UK and internationally for over 35 years.
Operating in the Food, Pharmaceutical, Distribution and Automotive Sectors, CKF is now, one of the largest UK based system integrators, designing, and manufacturing robotic systems, automated solutions, and conveyor systems.
The role of Electrical Installations Engineer is to join the CKF team supporting the site installation and commissioning of projects throughout the UK and internationally.
Skills & Experience
• Minimum City and Guilds Level 3 Electrical Engineering qualification
• Completion of an apprenticeship in Electrical engineering
• Knowledge of 415V and 24V machine power and control systems
• Experience of control panel wiring.
• Ability to construct and wire field electrical power, control equipment and install containment.
• Experience in commissioning new equipment.
• Ability to read Electrical Schematics and cable schedules
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team (and autonomously) to achieve end goals
• Valid iPAF card desirable
• Full Driving Licence.
• Electrical installation of System equipment and components to customer standards on site.
• Install cables and containment (incl. basket, ducting, conduit and tray)
• Undertake fault finding
• Carry out panel modifications
• Support electrical and instrumentation testing and commissioning on site.
• Collaborate with clients, colleagues and other contractors.
• Work in accordance with the clients’ site, project and health and safety rules
• Work in accordance with BS7617:2018 & Electrical specifications. Knowledge of EN IEC 60204
• Ability to work away from home as part of the installation team or on occasion autonomously.
• Work cohesively and communicate effectively with the Site Supervisor and the Mechanical installation team
What we offer
• A competitive, attractive salary.
• Benefits package appropriate to this position
• Working away allowance
• Career development and relevant training within a successful and growing business
• Company pension scheme