Electrical Controls Design Engineer
CKF are an established UK Robotics and Automation supplier who have been operating for 33 years. We have a wealth of experience transforming the operations of our customers in the manufacturing and logistics industries by increasing throughput, reducing costs, improving safety and maximising space. We specialise in palletising solutions and have extensive experience designing and installing robotic palletiser, layer palletiser and gantry palletiser systems in our customers plants.
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience within the bespoke build / automation industry.
- Proficient using EPlan.
- Experience of control systems and LV electrical design, construction, and commissioning.
- Understanding of relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Knowledge of PLC Systems, Siemens & Rockwell.
- Knowledge of 60204 Safety of Machinery, 13849-1 Safety System Standard, and Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Full Driving Licence.
- Industry experience – (Food, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Warehouse and e-commerce)
- Knowledge of Pneumatic Control
- Knowledge of the 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations
- Undertaking fault finding when required.
- Able to Inspect and Test electrical circuits.
- Create Functional Design Specifications
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Manufacturing facility based in Gloucester
- Enthusiastic, hard-working team which looks out for each other
- Blue Chip customers
- Career Progression within the company with industry training
- Real chance to play a key part in the company’s future growth
The job will involve:
- Produce Electrical Schematics, General Arrangement Drawings, Bill of Materials and Cable Schedules for Turnkey Solutions and Systems.
- Creating PLC I/O Connection Details
- Preparation of detailed electrical specifications, test documentation and manuals.
- Selecting the correct control hardware for a given application, based on a customer’s specification or project.
- Continuous awareness of EMC effects on a system in all electrical design considerations.
- Supporting workshop testing and commissioning and/or fault finding at customers premises as required.
- Provide functional safety expertise both internally and externally, ensuring all safety related components and circuits comply to the machinery directive and safety categorisation of the system as a whole.
- Working with the Electricians to ensure systems are completed to designs.
- Provide technical support to Sales,
- Proposals, Project and Design Teams.
- Supporting all elements within the electrical/Controls department, striving for continuous improvement.
- A requirement to go to customer sites to conduct site surveys and to discuss project requirements. (Mainly UK Travel).
To apply for this role please send your C.V and covering letter to email@example.com